New system build $400 excluding GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

VampD

In Runtime
Hey guys, thanks to all who provided feedback for my previous system build, that went nicely. Now I'm looking toward doing another decent gaming system build for my friend, his budget is $400 and does not need:

-Operation system
-Video card ( plan to use my old 9800 gtx+)
-Monitor
-3rd party HSF ( he won't do much overclocking with processor )

the system build should include:
-Processor ( preferably Intel if possible )
-Mid tower or maybe full tower sized Case
-Ram ( at least 2 gigs )
-Hard drive ( at least 500 gb and decent 7200 rpm speed )
-PSU ( at least 600 watts for future proofing )
-Single Optical drive ( DVD burner )
-Mobo which has PCI-E and can handle either the new i3 or i5s, or new AMD processors

Thanks in advance! look forward to what you guys come up with

True true about the PSU lol. I noticed that too, but I figured the price was decent for a reliable brand. I guess that's why its called the "builder series" though lol.

thanks for the replies guys, but which is the best processor in the 3 builds suggested for gaming the i3 AMD x2 555, AMD x4 635, or i3 540?

Don't get the x4 635, it only has 2mb L2 cache. The i3 540 is way better than it, and even though its only dual core it has 4 total threads for multitasking. For gaming tho, I think the x2 555 will be your best bet, considering it fits in well with your budget too.

Don't get the x4 635, it only has 2mb L2 cache. The i3 540 is way better than it, and even though its only dual core it has 4 total threads for multitasking. For gaming tho, I think the x2 555 will be your best bet, considering it fits in well with your budget too.

what does L2 cache do compared to L3? I'm assuming L2 cache is more important?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom