2 x 512 crucial ram
250 gb WD HDD IDE
1 x 500 gb external HD
Ati x800 256 mb AGP GPU
Enermax noisetaker 600W PSU
1 x cd-rom
1 x dvd writer
Thermaltake case Xaser

What im basically looking to do is a kinda minimal upgrade. What I was looking to upgrade to was :

C2D either E6600 (2.4)or 6420 conroe (2.13) or E6320 conroe (1.86) - all 4 MB Cache
Gigabyte GA-965 DS3 , or any form on DS3 by Gigabyte
Geil or Crucial 2 gb ram ddr 2 800
either a 7950 or 7900 GPU

It will basically cost me between £350 - £400 in total, but realistically what do you guys think of that setup ? Will I see that much of a difference in speed ?

I used to run alot of games on my pc, but now basically use it for surfing, music, some FPS games and applications.

If you already have an AM2 board why not just buy an X2 6000? It's close to stock speed of an E6600 unless you want to overclock the **** out of your Conroe.

The memory upgrade is a good choice but I would go with either Crucial ballistix or G.skill HZ's/HK's instead.

The 79xx series will be an upgrade but an x1950Xt is more powerful than the 7950GT in the same price range...

Isn't that the old socket 940 for the AMD server platform...Not really compatible with the newer AM2 processors.

And it's a VIA chipset too, hate those things. Get rid of it and go Intel chipset. The P35 board from Gigabyte I've heard are very good.

Oh i'm not an AMD guy so I figured socket 940 was all AM2.

yes the DS3R are only 130 and they overclock like mad..

am2 processors also have 940 pins, they are just laid out differently.
lmao vernon you need to take that P4 out into the pasture and shoot it in the head.

am2 processors also have 940 pins, they are just laid out differently.
lmao vernon you need to take that P4 out into the pasture and shoot it in the head.

i think it may do that on its own.... its temperatures are 80 degrees on load, when using firefox, why does the windows have to be right next to the PC desk!!!! err....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom