New system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
great.........go with it. everything is compatible, **** i wish we had that HIper psu in toronto, cant seem to find any.

yea everthing looks good, but if you can wait I have been told that AMD is planing to lower their retail prices of their CPU's in a few weeks. I have heard the 3800+ X2 will retail at $195

Wait until July 24th for AMD to drop their prices, and pick up a dual core, like jake14430 suggested. THe 3800+, I think, is actually dropping to $159.

Also, depending on your budget, you could spend LESS on the CPU, and go with an AMD 64 3000+ and OC it to 2.4 GHz... (3800+) speeds... then use the money saved on aftermarket HSF combo and AS5... probably save you money over the 3700+...

Ethereal_Dragon said:
Also, depending on your budget, you could spend LESS on the CPU, and go with an AMD 64 3000+ and OC it to 2.4 GHz... (3800+) speeds... then use the money saved on aftermarket HSF combo and AS5... probably save you money over the 3700+...

It really depends on what AMD is going to do with the prices on dual cores. Because if what 2 of the previous posters said is true, I'm getting a dual core processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom