New Spec for Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

lea0001

In Runtime
Ok I have a budget of 500-600 Australian Dollars.
Here is the list I will be buying off (Australian):
http://msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf

And here is the spec I have put together using that list.

PC SPEC:

Asus M2N: 90$
AM2 x2 4000+:94$
512MB 8600GT Generic : 190$
Thermaltake Matrix: 103$
200GB MAXTOR SATA2: Got Free.
2G Kit-667 (2x1G) OCZ System Elite : 109$

I want to know wether I will be able to run BF2 and 2142 on Max Graphics (aside from AA and at 1024x768). also my freind tells me I should o intel but intel prices are a lot more on that list and im not familiar with the INTEL-AMD equivalents.

Is there anything I should modify?

Thanks in advance :).

I doubt you will get maxed graphics with a 8600, which is basically a tad over the 7600. but, then, there is no reason to max the graphics, anyway... you want them set to give you the best visiblity, not eye candy.

I doubt you will get maxed graphics with a 8600, which is basically a tad over the 7600. but, then, there is no reason to max the graphics, anyway... you want them set to give you the best visiblity, not eye candy.

he's right u'd be better of with an 7900gs, and watch out for those maxtors they die, get a seagate, hitachi, samsung or WD

maxtor has been recently acquired by seagate, and contrary to popular belief, the maxtor drives are NOT rebadged or rejected seagate drives. The diamondmax series is a good, solid choice for a hard drive.

yo, plus he got it free.

he's right u'd be better of with an 7900gs, and watch out for those maxtors they die, get a seagate, hitachi, samsung or WD

any component can die.... Keep the maxtor if you want, I've had one for about 3 years now in a 24/7 computer, has served me just fine!

What do you mean by visibility?

Thanks.

any component can die.... Keep the maxtor if you want, I've had one for about 3 years now in a 24/7 computer, has served me just fine!

fine i'll be more specific, these hd's tend to die rather quickly, and all components die duhr

What do you mean by visibility?
I have my BF2 settings so I can see the other guys best, not for what is the prettiest. I have posted my settings before, but here they are again for any interested:
  • Terrain: Medium
  • Effects: Low
  • Geometry: High
  • Texture: High
  • Lighting: Low
  • Dynamic Shadows:Medium
  • Dynamic Light: Medium
  • Antialiasing: Off
  • Texture Filtering: High
  • View Distance Scale: 100%

fine i'll be more specific, these hd's tend to die rather quickly, and all components die duhr

And your proof is...? All you do is spit out misinformation all over this site or just repeat what others say, maybe be more original (better yet, correct)

Basically, Maxtors are like Dodge cars... if you get a good one, it will run forever; if you get a bad one, it's a brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom