New Sata drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
I just installed a new blu-ray sata drive and my previous drive was an IDE DVD drive. My HDD is also an IDE and ever since hooking up the sata drive I turn my computer on and sometimes it will load right into windows xp. Other times it will go past the post screen and then stop and say something about inserting a boot media disc.

However, once my computer is loaded into XP it sees my sata drive and i can use it to play dvds and such. But sometimes it doesn't see it at all.

Is this a driver issue or a hardware problem between IDE and sata or something else....that is easily fixable?

Depending on the type of BIOS that your mobo has, there are a few ways to stop that annoying message.

Sometimes in the BIOS there is a "SATA RAID" option. Make sure that is off or it could cause odd things to happen not relevant to RAID in any way.

The other thing you could do is remove that drive from the boot device list; since it is looking for bootable media. However this wouldn't really work if that is your only optical drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom