New rig for the rents - would like your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why are you skeptical on the motherboard?

I own it. It's great. In fact, it's one of the better boards that I've had. Aside from my current one, MSI would be my next manufacturer on the list that I've had good luck with.

I'm always skeptical on motherboards that don't cost too much and don't have a high rating on newegg. I'm just paranoid like that, motherboards seem to always be the most unstable part of a new build (with D.O.A.s, potential bios upgrades before you can start, etc.).

Well P43 is just a crippled P45, and the P43 was supposed to replace P33 boards, which completely failed. The P43 is just supposed to give great OC'ing ability, (like the P35 used to) for sub-$110 category

Uh. Really?

I've had great results with ASUS boards in many computers. In fact I was kind of floored at how nicely my P5QL Pro is, even with Ubuntu Linux. Everything just works with it, which I figured I'd have to configure SOMETHING or tinker around... nope... all is good.

I'm also skeptical of those NewEgg reviews. I've had some things on there with awful reviews that work great and some things on there with amazing reviews that absolutely sucked.

say what vern?
i haven't had a single problem with any of the 4 asus mobos i have used. i love them, they overclock excellently, have a ton of features even on the lower priced models, and i for one will continue to buy them until i get one that tanks.

The only major complaint I read about my board is the lack of RAID. Which, granted, I'll go halfway... that sucks... but for somebody like me who doesn't use RAID (however, a month after I got the board I was like, aw sweet maybe I could try it!...er...) it is a way to slice off a few bucks to the product too.

But hey, I have an image of my OS partition and all of my personal data gets synchronized to 3 other drives. I'm not too worried about RAID to begin with. It's just something I haven't experimented with yet. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom