new rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

warmachine040

Beta member
hello. i am new to the forums and,although i have some pc knowledge, im new to actually piecing a good rig together. i am in the army, currently stationed in south korea. since pc parts are abundant here ive recently taken it up as a hobby. i currently had a rig built(as there is nowhere fesible to build it myself) in a korean shop. im curious of how it compares to other rigs and if i got it for a reasonable price. heres the specs.

asus m477td motherboard
amd phenom ii x4 840 3.2ghz processor
nvidia geforce gtx 450 1gig graphics card
8 gigs ddr3 ram
1tb hard drive

had it built complete with windows 7 for 625 dollars. is that reasonable? also im curious if the motherboard supports crossfiring graphics cards if anyone knows

the gpu is a bit weak...

also, if you are new to korea, here's a lesson. never pay full price. if you don't dicker down the price they wont respect you. it's not even rude, it's expected.

it works the other way, too. give a tip and they'll try to out generous you.

hello. i am new to the forums and,although i have some pc knowledge, im new to actually piecing a good rig together. i am in the army, currently stationed in south korea. since pc parts are abundant here ive recently taken it up as a hobby. i currently had a rig built(as there is nowhere fesible to build it myself) in a korean shop. im curious of how it compares to other rigs and if i got it for a reasonable price. heres the specs.

asus m477td motherboard
amd phenom ii x4 840 3.2ghz processor
nvidia geforce gtx 450 1gig graphics card
8 gigs ddr3 ram
1tb hard drive

had it built complete with windows 7 for 625 dollars. is that reasonable? also im curious if the motherboard supports crossfiring graphics cards if anyone knows

The Gpu is weak, unless you don't play video games, and why Amd? Intel is so much better.

That is subjective. AMD has the same quality in gaming. Yes, the sandybridge is better, but AMD is a nice alternative if you are short on money.

if all new parts, here's what I think their values are...
asus m477td motherboard ~80 USD
amd phenom ii x4 840 3.2ghz processor ~80 USD
nvidia geforce gtx 450 1gig graphics card ~80 USD
8 gigs ddr3 ram ~40 USD
1tb hard drive ~110 USD
windows 7 ~100 USD
=~490 USD
plus case (30?), power supply(50?), optical drive(20?) and labor

of course I am pricing them by prices in the states, they may be cheaper in Korea.
but if prices are close to my estimates, I guess not bad.

PS I hope they put in at least a $40-50 dollar power supply unit in that build. if they throw in a cheap made in china 15 dollar PSU, you are ****ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom