New PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sri223

Solid State Member
I was wondering if I should get a new PSU, as I am using the one that I came with my case and I heard that they are not the best.

I think its 450 watts, but I am not sure. I will check later. If I do need a new one, could you recommend a brand?

Thanks

Well itd really help if you told us your Specs and the specifications of the Power supply which you can find on its side, should be a sticker.

Okay, here it is:

AC Input | 115v/230v 10A/6A 60/50 Hz
DC Output| +3.3v | +5v | +12v | -12v | -5v | +5VSB
LP-8850B | 26A | 35A | 15A | 0.8A | 0.5A| 21
450 Max Combined watts

Those |'s are supposed to line up to make columns, they are a little diagonal especially at the end.

Here's the specs:

2.5 Ghz P4
512 MB Ram
120 gig WD HDD
Geforce 5700 video card

Can you reccommend a good brand to get? I'd rather just go pick one up at CompUSA or something rather then ordering off the internet, just so I dont have to wait.

Okay, I'll probably get a new one by the end of this month or I will be worrying about it every time I leave my computer on :)

What would be a good number of amps for all of the rails? I don't know much about PSUs, and I dont want to end up buying another bad one.

Thanks

18 or Higher is good.

Also Enermax noisetakers are a good series and usally on the less expensive side, so if you can find one of them, thatd be great.

Okay. 18 or higher on all of the rails?

I'll keep my eyes open for any Enermax's also.

I appreciate your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom