new pc spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
The listing is no longer there. Can you post up what it is and what the asking price was? Or just give us your budget and we'll figure something out.

would this do? would like a second oppinion as am not sure myself
thanks

you can build a computer for about £170 in maplins

its what i got in my sig runs VERY fast and its a dual core 2.1GHz :] i just got mine up and running today it will play all sims but if you looking to play better games might want to upgrade the graphics card as it only supports 256mb at the moment :]

ok what about this for £300 inc p&p

Q500 AMD 9650 PC Desktop Computer System Quad Core XP on eBay, also, Desktop PCs, Computing (end time 28-Mar-09 09:10:21 GMT)

Specification

* AMD Phenom X4 9650 64-bit Quad Core CPU
* 2GB DDR2 RAM
* 500GB SATA2 Hard Drive
* Black Case*
* 22x DVD+/-RW Writer (also supports CD)
* Black Keyboard and Optical Mouse*
* Genuine Windows XP
* High-quality motherboard featuring
o nVidia® GeForce-class graphics
o 5.1 Channel Surround Sound Audio
o 10/100 Standard Wired Networking Socket (Ethernet)
o 2 x PCI slots, 1 x PCI-E (16x) Slot
o Supports AMD's Cool 'n' Quiet Technology
o Solid Capacitors

will have to get a seperate graphics card but how dose the setup look otherwise ?

You're in Edinburgh, right? Let a couple of UK guys bang some parts out on that side of the pond.

Honestly, none of those sound like a decent deal. The last one doesn't even list what power supply it has, so it probably is using the crap one that came with the case. To install a GFX card you would have to replace the PSU too, so you might as well add 100 to that price.

For that money you should be able to build her a decent gaming computer. It won't be top-end, but she doesn't need one for what she wants. i wouldn't recommend the one pcboy has in his sig, but you can build a lot better for 300-400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom