Solid State Member
CPU: Intel I5 2500k
Video card: GTX 560 ti
Motherboard: Z68X-UD3H-B3
Case: Zalman z9
Ram: 8gb
PSU:850 Watts - Corsair
Fan: Hyper 212 Evo

I need help with build and what the best way to cut costs are. I'm currently ordering through cyber power and have no experience with physically building a computer. I want to stay as close as 800 as possible. I'm not sure if I'm ever going to overclock but I am open to learn and see the advantages and disadvantages with overclocking the i5-2500k. Is this a good build for 927 or am I paying too much and should just try and build it on my own?

Looks good, although you seem to be missing a hard drive, optical drive, and operating system.

I wasn't aware that CyberPower supplied Corsair PSUs, I thought they just used their own brand.

Oh forgot to say, I'll be mainly gaming on it and would like to play all the newer games on ultra with a smooth fps and be as future proof as possible.

The hdd is a 500 gb 7200 rpm, a sony optical drive, and no operating system

@ Drikus, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

Motherboard help

What is the difference between these two motherboards and is the 40 dollar price difference worth it?

Z68X-UD3H-B3
GA-Z68A-D3H-B3

Going to be running it with an i5 2500k and a gtx 560 ti

Re: Motherboard help

The GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 has more features, slots for SLI plus a dedicated PhysX card, more SATA 6Gb/s ports, more USB ports, Firewire port, HDMI port, eSATA port, etc... For most users the GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 will provide everything they need. If you think your going to load up on video cards and a few ssd's and a slew of usb devices, etc.., then buy the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3.

The Z68X-UD3H-B3 has more ports on back, display port, ieee 1394, eSATA, has 6 audio ports, not 3. It gets you more parts.

ninja'd

So the Ultra durable logo doesn't really effect longevity of the motherboard? That's really the only reason I'm considering the more expensive board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom