new pc build - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: new pc build

Ultra PSUs are a half tick above what I left in the toilet this morning.
Good analogy, Trotter.

+2 A cheap PSU can easily and severely kill your whole system you just bought.

__________________ Steam Account
Old 07-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lord Techie

This memory is blue, per your request, and it is faster than the red version. - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM

While some Kingwin power supplies are actually quite good, I wouldn't buy the one your looking at. I mainly wouldn't buy it because it has (4) 12v rails, if I was really on a budget I might buy a power supply with a (2) 12v rails but you really want a single 12v rail power supply.

In your price range this is the best power supply available. - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

If you want a Modular power supply then this is only $99.99 after a rebate. - CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 (CMPSU-650HX) 650W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Old 07-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Techie

Originally Posted by Slaymate View Post
I mainly wouldn't buy it because it has (4) 12v rails, if I was really on a budget I might buy a power supply with a (2) 12v rails but you really want a single 12v rail power supply.
This is so important as we are finding out on a daily basis at work.
Pentium D 935 @ 4.0ghz
AsRock g31
Kingston HyperX T1, 4gb
Radeon HD 5670 @ 860mhz gddr5
Antec High Current Gamer 520
InWin Br665 matx
CyberPower Green CP1500 900W UPS
Acer 20" G205hl
Camera Canon PowerShot SX10is
Originally Posted by KSoD View Post
1) Be Respectful Treat other members as you would have them treat you. This means no flaming, insulting, or belittling other members.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Originally Posted by NatPc View Post
thx for the info man u know a lot

i tried fixing the links but links dont work on this site and i dont need a gpu if i got a apu + the only games i play is maplestory and counter strike 1.6 so i dont need a good video card and the SSD i think its fine its also the only ssd thats sata 3 6gb with 60gb and $100 and yes i was gonna get a 1-2TB HHD for storage and now that i tihnk about it i dont need 16gb of ram i think 8GB is fine can u recommend a good ram to use for this build and must look cool and must be blue colour and for the mobo (i dont think the link is gonna work but w/e) ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS F1A75-M PRO it has a mem OK but so i dont think it matters what ram i use?
and for the PSU im not gonna get it i tihnk im gonn get this one "Kingwin LAZER 660W Power Supply"
1. RAM clock speed does matter
2. Listen to Trotter
3. We are not debating. You asked for advice and then shot the advice down. We are not new to computers. Your posts all emphasize you are relatively inexperienced with computers. Show a little respect, please.
4. Even the text you type has a condescending tone. I really hate to think how you would come across in person.

Have a great day!

Old 07-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE

Nothing wrong with PSUs with multiple rails.

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Closed Thread