NEW PC BUILD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alston518

Baseband Member
alright you know the deal, let me know what you think about my hardware. This computer will not be for gaming. It will be for everyday use, but mainly for downloading, storing, and watching movies via the hdmi port to my television. I decided to do 2 hard drives. One for my OS and other programs ( HDD PRIMARY), and then one for my movies and other media ( HDD Secondary). Anyways here is my hardware....

CPU: Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X2 560 Black Edition Callisto 3.3GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor HDZ560WFGMBOX 99.99

MOTHERBOARD: Newegg.com - Open Box: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6 AM3 AMD 785G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard 82.99

HDD PRIMARY: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive 64.99

HDD SECONDARY: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD10000LSRTL 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive 104.99

RAM: Newegg.com - G.SKILL NS 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBNS 65.99

PSU: Newegg.com - CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 CMPSU-430CX 430W ATX12V Active PFC Power Supply 44.99

CASE: Newegg.com - Rosewill R101-P-BK 120mm Fan MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case 29.99

KB&M: Newegg.com - Microsoft Wireless Media Desktop 1000 35.91

DISC: Newegg.com - LG WH10LS30K 10X Blu-ray Burner - LightScribe Support - Bulk - Blu-Ray Burners 99.99

Basically i would like to know.....

1.) Is my graphics card on my motherboard decent enough for HD movies?

2.)I would like to put windows 7 on it. So which version would be best for my pc? I know i should use 64 bit since it is 4GB of ram

3.) Any other opinions on my hardware

Please wait 24 hours before bumping. Be patient.

Never buy open box motherboards. It is not under warranty. If it breaks, you just wasted your money.

You might want to up that PSU. If you ever upgrade, that will not support much more.

You can save a lot by getting a smaller primary drive for your OS. You don't need macho space. 128GB to 320GB would be fine. SSD's are nice as well.

1.) I'm not sure on that, but a dedicated card would be much better.
2.) Yes, 64-bit. The version depends on what you want to do. I always choose Ultimate. Includes Media Center.
3,) Read above

Please wait 24 hours before bumping. Be patient.

Never buy open box motherboards. It is not under warranty. If it breaks, you just wasted your money.

You might want to up that PSU. If you ever upgrade, that will not support much more.

You can save a lot by getting a smaller primary drive for your OS. You don't need macho space. 128GB to 320GB would be fine. SSD's are nice as well.

1.) I'm not sure on that, but a dedicated card would be much better.
2.) Yes, 64-bit. The version depends on what you want to do. I always choose Ultimate. Includes Media Center.
3,) Read above

ok sorry wont bump again, i didnt even take notice that the mobo was an open box and didnt have a warranty, thank you for that. How much wattage for you suggest for a power supply? Is it possible to put a power supply on with too much wattage? And what kind of motherboard do you think would be good for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom