New PC Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkramer

Beta member
I'm having this PC built for me by Cyberpower. After checking component prices against having them build it for me I found its only a couple of hundred dollars more for them to do the build then if I do it myself. The guarantee is worth the extra money to me.

I still have time to change the configuration before the actual build. The PC will be used for Adobe CS5 web development (flash and some movie editing as well) along with the usual online gaming (WOW is my thing). Any suggestions on the build? Money is less of a concern than performance.

Thanks,

WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM 64-BIT
OFFICE HOME AND BUSINESS 2010
INTEL i7-980X 3.33GHZ 12M EXTREME - EXTREME OVERCLOCK (20% MORE)
ASUS PREMIUM P6X58D SLI/ CROSFR MOTHERBOARD USB 3.0 SATA III
SUPERCLOCK EVGA NVIDIA GTX480 1.5GB DIRECT 11 MUSG EVGA

64GB KINGSTON 2.5 IN SATA SSD MLC - deleted from build
128 GB Kingston 2.5 inch SATA Gaming MLC Solid State Disk (128GB x 2 (256GB Capacity) Raid 0 Extreme Performance) - added to build

1TB SATA III 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB CACHE 3.5" HD
CORSAIR 2GB 1866 MHZ DDR3 DOMINATOR (6)
VIGOR ISURF II HARDDRIVE COOLING
CYBERPOWER 360 WATER COOLER KIT - COOLERMASTER THERMAL FUSION 400 CPU COMPOUND
COOLERMASTER HAF-X FULL TOWER
BLACK SONY 24X DVDRW (2)
12-IN-ONE INTERNAL CARD READER
POWER SUPPLY GASKET
ANTI-VIBRATION FAN MOUNTS
CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX POWER SUPPLY
NZXT SENTRY LX ALUMINUM DUAL BAY DIGITAL FAN CONTROL

Don't get a super clocked card. You can easily OC the "regular" card to the same speed as the super clocked card by software.
I would get a bigger SSD if I were you. If you're doing image and video editing you'll be working with large files, so I think you should get at least a 128GB SSD.
Are you planning on OC? Maybe you should get 3x4GB, less stress on the memory controller of BIOS so you can get a higher OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom