New pc...any ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan9562

In Runtime
Hey guys.
Im aiming to build a new pc next month. Just wandered on what you thought of these parts so far...

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 95 watt edition
ASUS P5KC mobo
Crucial 2GB (1GB x 2) Ballistix 6400 memory
Inno3D 9800GTX 512mb gfx

I currently have a 550 watt hiper power supply. It seems fine on my current setup and i think it could do more. Will this be enough??
I am on some sort of budget.....basicly trying not to spend all of this months pay cheque :p

All feedbaack appreciated!

Get a new PSU,a Corsair VX550W will be MUCH better than your Hiper 550W,step down to a 8800GTS 512MB if needbe,that Hiper will likely be under pressure with that build.

well my plan is to get a new power supply the month after.....because of money n all that :)

+ Does anyone know exactly how long the 9800gtx is.......

Get a new PSU,a Corsair VX550W will be MUCH better than your Hiper 550W,step down to a 8800GTS 512MB if needbe,that Hiper will likely be under pressure with that build.

Do people know anything about psu's these days? Modern day quality 500w psu's can run the system above with dual 8800gts's in SLI...and still have juice to spare. its all about the amps, not the watts.

Do people know anything about psu's these days? Modern day quality 500w psu's can run the system above with dual 8800gts's in SLI...and still have juice to spare. its all about the amps, not the watts.
Why would i recommend the Corsair VX550W if i thought that wattage was everything? Doesn't Hiper make lower quality PSU's? Or am i missing something?

Why would i recommend the Corsair VX550W if i thought that wattage was everything? Doesn't Hiper make lower quality PSU's? Or am i missing something?

Umm...no. Several members here run hipers on overclocked quad core systems.
Yes, the corsair is better, but the hiper is fine if he already has it.

Hipers are fine. Especially Type R and Type M.

He does not need to purchase a new psu.

I agree,

Umm...no. Several members here run hipers on overclocked quad core systems.
Yes, the corsair is better, but the hiper is fine if he already has it.

I agree,

b1gapl is one, so is Apokalipse, and he runs a x2 6000+ which consumes more power than the q6600, and has dual HD3870's in Crossfire mode

I don't know any other active members here who run that, but Hiper makes good PSU's regardless of Newegg reviews saying otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom