New motherboard, ram, cpu and dvd drive. WILL IT READ FROM NEW SATA DVD DRIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the post and it reads all the components Ive put in. The ram is dual channel. Would that do anything? It says the 4 gigs and gives a voltage readout.

Anybody know why it would just hang after reading the Win XP SP2 installation CD? and loading from it and then to freeze when trying to start windows?
below are the components I've installed. if it helps any.

-- ECS A780GM-A AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

-- AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000 Brisbane 2.6GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor

-- OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

-- ASUS 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA

-- OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ600MXSP 600W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Ok, I think I may know what the problem is. I installed all the pci cards, sound blaster, firewire connection card and a usb card. Also had a adustable fan that I hadn't plugged the power in on it but the connection to the board was connected. not sure 'bout the last one I mentioned but after 3 or so reboots at the windows install. I removed all these components and I is actually installing windows xp now. I will update to let you know if that was the issue or not.

Ok, Windows installed and I updated Xp to Service Pack 3.
All installed well. The problem was that I put all my pci cards and peripherals in and tried to start the computer after installing for the first time, the previous components I mentioned. I also have a Hard drive Sata that is not responding. So I took all out and unplugged the (now) secondary Sata hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom