New Motherboard question. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2010, 11:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default New Motherboard question.

Hello all! It's time for a small, modest upgrade. My rig from 2004 is finally given up the ghost. Question is this, I am going to be going with an AMD X3 435 chip, and looking to pair it with a board. To keep it slightly future proof I want to do a 2 x PCI Express 16x slot motherboard, but have fallen behind in tech times a bit and don't know if it's worth paying more for a board that has 2x x16 slots, or if a x16 + x8 slot is sufficient for throwing in a matching video card in the future. Asus or Gigabyte are my preferred brands, having had to replace my current MSI board three times in the last 5 years has left me a bit...bitter.

Asus I was looking at.. - ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

Thanks for any suggestions.
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off