New Motherboard and Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper_bite_19

Solid State Member
I installed a new motherboard and processor, and now the computer will not power up. I have tried the power switch connector every possible way with no success. The only things hooked up are the CPU and RAM, no expansion cards. Any ideas?

Do you hear any beeps from the motherboard? Do the fans and hard drive spool up? Check all connections, then check your CPU. I had this problem, and found out that 3 of my CPU pins were bent.

Is this an AMD or Intel system?

There should be two power plugs comming from your PSU, a 24 or 20 pin and a smaller 4 pin. Is the 4-pin plugged in?

Check the switch on the back of the PSU.

I know these seem like small things, but those are the things you'll overlook if you're in a hurry or not thinking.

Try another wall outlet. If neither of those two things work, check the motherboard over, see if there are any loose parts or burn marks. You may have to return the motherboard if there's something wrong with the electronics.

I think I've covered all the basis. I checked the switch on the PSU and tried multiple outlets already. The PSU works in another computer. Looks like a return. Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom