New motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbyte78

Beta member
I need to replace my motherboard but want to keep my cpu and other cards. Can someone recommend a board with this hardware.
I currently have a p5nd2-sli but dont want the same board.

Thanks

pci express x16
pci express x1
Kingston 1024MB PC5400 DDR2 675MHZ
Intel P4 561 3.6Ghz 1MB Cache 800fsb Socket 64T

Any reason why you need a new board? Just founds fishy that you only want a board. If your OS (Windows) is OEM, you can not transfer it to your new board.

Fishy MindoverMaster?

I build my own computers with the OS purchased separately. I dont like prebuilt systems.

I need the board only for a couple of reasons. I have been having a problem with adding new video cards. I went through three new ones to try to solve my problem. No matter what card I use, my computer ends up restarting after even moderate use. Im not a gamer. I tried just about everything including installing my OS from scratch. There is much more to it but I would be typing paragraphs.

The other reason is I cant afford to buy all new cards. It is the Christmas season. I just want to get it running without restarting.

Slaymate,

My board is having problems with new video cards. Its not integrated. Yes the cpu is what you put in your message. I tried three different cards but have the same problem. I think the first card did something to it. I have been dealing with this problem for a month. I have been in several forums to solve the problem but no one seems to have a solution. Just to add to it. I have two computers with the same hardware (clones) except for the psu. I tried to install it in my second computer and it has the exact same problem now. The only thing I havent done to the computer is to change some of the bios settings. Im not very savy at voltage settings and such. Im at the end of my rope with this one.

please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

What video card are you trying to use?

For general usage and stability I would go with one of these Intel boards.

Newegg.com - Intel BLKD975XBXLKR LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard

Newegg.com - Intel BLKD945PLRNL LGA 775 Intel 945PL ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Sorry Slaymate,

Some forums have number of character limitations.

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 5570 - 1 GB DDR3 HDMI/DVI-I/VGA PCI-Express.

I solved my motherboard problem. It was a couple of my ram chips. Thanks for the help Slaymate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom