new monitor!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not a bad monitor by any means (nice size, good brand).....especially if it is just for everyday use.....If your looking for more of a gaming type monitor, you could look into something that is 1080p and has a response time of 2ms.....but for the money it isn't bad.

this may sound like a stupid question but do these come with the leads?

Most monitors at least come with VGA+DVI if they support it. HDMI cables are less commonly bundled.
The monitor you mentioned in your opening post does indeed come with a VGA cable if the reviews are to be believed.

It doesnt have to be 1080P....

Around here i can get a 22" LCD for the equivalent of $105 Pounds. ($220 AUD).
Try and find a 22” 5ms WS Viewsonic 2216W, they are pretty common and usually cheap.

Some things about monitors you might want to know:
- Firstly, 5ms is fine, 2ms is not needed. 8ms is probably as high as i would like to go with a brand new lcd but even that isnt very slow.
- Contrast Ratio's. If you see a very large contrast ratio like 10,000:1 or 20,000:1 or even 8000:1 its almost always dynamic contrast and cant really be compared to another monitors specs of 1000:1 which is almost always a static contrast. They are two different things.
- HDMI is the same quality as DVI despite what some people think. The only good thing about HDMI is that it means you can watch things like Bluray HD which requires HDMI and a HDCP compatible monitor.

IAround here i can get a 22" LCD for the equivalent of $105 Pounds. ($220 AUD).

Unfortunately direct conversions tend not to work with £s, as we get 15% tax added on too, along with the pointless tax.
Also, $105 pounds? :D You mean £105 :p

Unfortunately direct conversions tend not to work with £s, as we get 15% tax added on too, along with the pointless tax.
Also, $105 pounds? :D You mean £105 :p

Yes thats what i meant.... :cool:
And yeah i realize but its worth a look into anyway.

do they come with the power leads?/vga leads

*EDIT*

could one of you find me a monitor iver 19" or 20" for £100

i need to have the power leads and vga leads with it

im kind of useless at picking a monitor

do they come with the power leads?/vga leads

*EDIT*

could one of you find me a monitor iver 19" or 20" for £100

i need to have the power leads and vga leads with it

im kind of useless at picking a monitor

The one you picked in your opening post is the best for the price at eBuyer.

As I said before, a VGA lead comes with it. All monitors will come with power leads.

Please, read posts more carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom