NEW mobo's with ISA slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJDarknez

Baseband Member
I was called up by a guy who does club installs earlier today and asked if I could piece together a PC for him. His only requirements: that it have ISA and USB capabilites.

Now, I can't remember the last time I used an ISA slot...or if anyone even makes mobo's with ISA slots. Does ISA exist anymore?

It doesn't have to be hardcore, it's going to be running only 1 program. So SATA and gigabit ethernet and all that it pretty much optional.

I don't think ISA is here anymore, it has been replaced by PCI. Why does he need to have an ISA slot?

The software requires an old, and somewhat expensive card that was made about 8 years ago. It's for hooking up to a DMX512 system.

A good place to look would be your local schools. At least here (middle of nowhere) they upgrade every few years and just give away the old systems to anyone.

Look for an old win95/win98 system (LoL, or a DOS system) and see if it has an ISA slot.

Lots of local shops will still have older PCs laying round for sale. Surely you could find one prebuilt with a ISA slots there and upgrade the other components as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom