New mobo and CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

macraigma

In Runtime
Newegg.com - Foxconn A76ML-K AM3 Ready / AM2+ / AM2 AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Which one is better, any thoughts? I just did a quick search in the free shipping section of new egg I'm looking for something that's compatible with THIS processor.

I have 4 sticks of DDR2 RAM which I could part with 1 or 2 sticks so I don't NEED 4 memory slots on the mobo.

Of course if there is a better motherboard/CPU out there please let me know, Thanks!

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X3 425 Rana 2.7GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Get that CPU and overclock it to make up the difference.
Save the $10 :p

Newegg.com - Foxconn A76ML-K AM3 Ready / AM2+ / AM2 AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Also I'd pick that one, because it's cheaper, and will accomplish about the same things for you.
Though...
I own two Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H motherboards.
They're nice.
I'm not going to lie, they're awesome.

But you only need to get it if you want those extra RAM slots, as that's pretty much the only difference.

I was hoping you would respond :tongue: as I have seen in multiple posts you've made that you know what you're talking about :) I think I'll go with the cheapest option than. Thanks again!

Well I want to mention that the Foxconn board doesn't have ACC from what I've read, even though it has the proper southbridge.
So if you're looking to unlock a core on your Athlon II X3, it's not going to happen with that Foxconn board.

If you're looking to unlock cores, you should go with this board probably.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...therboard_am3/am2+/am2-_-13-128-408-_-Product

for only about $3 more than that Foxconn
(Shipping's only $2.99)

It also has a $10 rebate if you want to try and do that.

Well, if you wait long enough I might have an Athlon II X3 up for sale next week ;p
And I'll go ahead and check to see if it's an unlocker/overclocker and everything.
So you'd know what you were getting exactly.
I just bought a couple Athlon II X3's on ebay the other day, one's a native Propus core, but the other is a native Deneb core. :D
Either way I'll either have a couple Athlon II X3's for sale next week, or a Phenom II X2 550.
And for the price I got them for on ebay, I'd be able to sell much cheaper than Newegg's prices. :p

Also, if I were you, I would sell off that DDR2 RAM, invest in DDR3 and just switch over to an AM3 mobo anyway.

Selling 8Gb of DDR2 could easily get you 4Gb of DDR3 RAM with extra money leftover.
Perhaps you could do a full upgrade if you balance your budget out properly, and get a new GPU as well.

That's not a bad Idea - I haven't used my ebay account in years haha, maybe ill post on craigslist even. I'll check out what others are selling it for first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom