New Laptop Hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjheero_yuy99

In Runtime
Hello, I am looking at getting a new hard drive for my laptop, as the one I have now I beleive might be corrupt. My question is will any laptop hard drive work or will i need to get a specific make and model?

The laptop is a IBM Thinkpad A22m.

Thanks!

i learned with my compaq laptop the hard way that they aren't all the same. although, i believe, most are. maybe someone can tell you the exact one you need.

ssjheero_yuy99 said:
Hello, I am looking at getting a new hard drive for my laptop, as the one I have now I beleive might be corrupt. My question is will any laptop hard drive work or will i need to get a specific make and model?

The laptop is a IBM Thinkpad A22m.

Thanks!

Quick question ---- what makes you think your HD is corrupt?

If you it's viruses and/or spyware/adware, run some scans, post your Hijack logs here, then you can eliminate that possibility.

Other than that, I believe IBM laptops (perhaps any laptop company) have specific hard drives that will fit into a model. Though, one hard drive might be compatible with multiple laptops - for example, take this hard drive -- it lists that the following are compatible:

This hard disk drive is designed for IBM ThinkPad 560E; IBM ThinkPad 560X; IBM ThinkPad 560Z; IBM ThinkPad 570; IBM ThinkPad 570E; IBM ThinkPad 600; IBM ThinkPad 600E; IBM ThinkPad 600X; IBM ThinkPad A20m; IBM ThinkPad A20p; IBM ThinkPad A21e; IBM ThinkPad A21m; IBM ThinkPad A21p; IBM ThinkPad A22e; IBM ThinkPad A22m; IBM ThinkPad A30; IBM ThinkPad A30p; IBM ThinkPad R30; IBM ThinkPad R31; IBM ThinkPad Transnote; IBM ThinkPad X20; IBM ThinkPad X21; IBM ThinkPad X22; IBM ThinkPad X23.

Here's a link to IBM's Thinkpad harddrive list - go from there.

Go with a new hard drive. Click the link I posted up above to check compatibility.

Maybe you can try calling IBM or the place you got it from, if they provide customer service.

No problem - if you have any questions about compatibility, post it back here and either me or someone else will help you :) Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom