New Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake91839

In Runtime
I would really like to buy a new laptop, but I am also on kind of a budget. Right now my laptop is an old IBM Thinkpad A22m. It was a great laptop for the time, but the P3 just isn't cutting it anymore. I really like IBM and would love to support them, but they are very expensive, I was also looking at Mac's powerbooks, but likewise, those are very pricey.

Any suggestions on a good, reasonably priced laptop? I'm thinking around 800-1000

Also, I have heard about people taking parts of laptops that they buy off of ebay and putting them together to make a "refurbished" laptop, I would also like to get some insight on that if any be available :)

Very nice, thank you. That has pretty much everything I need, and for a great price. Only thing is, it's not a name brand, but then again, that's where some of the best products come from :)

Newegg.com - EVEREX XT5000T NoteBook AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50(1.60GHz) 17.0" Wide XGA+ 1GB DDR2 533 100GB 5400rpm Dual layer DVD Burner NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 - Retail

it's easier to buy a lappy straight away instead of building one.. yes it might be cheaper, but unless you have the time, money, and experience, I wouldn't suggest it. above is a decent one dedicated video, good size HDD, DVD burner, decent RAM, etc... I think over-all it would serve you well.

that is an amazing laptop for the price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom