New HTPC Build Help - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2011, 01:23 AM   #21 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: New HTPC Build Help

Oh, well I haven't hooked it up to my monitor yet (the TV will be my monitor) but will do, thanks.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: New HTPC Build Help

Okay I have everything running now.

The two issues I bought up earlier sort of fixed themselves. The CPU fan isn't too loud anymore - I think it is just for a bit initially when booting up. And the case fan just stopped making noise, don't know why.

I have everything up and running and everything is great so far, no issues with the HTPC, AV Receiver, surround sound, or anything.

One thing I do need to test the TRUEHD/DTS HD Audio, haven't gotten to that yet.

Next thing I need to decide is if I want WMC or XMBC. Also ordering NetFlix for them.

Lastly, I want the HTPC to do webcam chatting. I don't know if this will work, but what I want to do is have two bluetooth microphones. One near the couch (15 ft from the TV), and one in the kitchen (25 ft from the tv). And obviously a web cam on top of the TV.
I would like it so the person can speak freely without having a headset or anything on, just speaking into the bluetooth mic in the kitchen or living room, and the person's voice on the other end can come through the surround sound. I'm guessing there may be noise interference and feedback issues though.

Any thoughts or opinions on this? Anyone heard of people doing this before? Or anyone know any good deals on webcams/bluetooth mics?

Closed Thread