New Help With Upgrades!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xryanx123

Beta member
I am looking to upgrade my gaming pc a little, as i would like to be able to play most games on ultra and have good FPS. I currently have a Nvidia Geforce 9800 gt. Its okay, but only runs at 20fps, and even less in crowded areas or during dungeons or Rifts.
Here are my computers current specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model p6533w
System Type x64-based PC
GFX Card:Geforce 9800 GT
Processor:AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 6.04, 4/22/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 5.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 5.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 3.68 GB
Total Virtual Memory 10.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 8.49 GB
I am not 100% sure on the power supply, but there is a small sticker on it that says "AC 100-240~ v, 50-60 hz, 10-5a" Not sure if the 100-240v is what my current power supply is or not, but that is the only sticker on the power supply, no model #'s or anything (that i could find).

I am also worried about cooling issues, as the case I have right now is just the factory HP case, with two fans and my 9800gt runs at 60C while gaming. So Would I need to add a different heatsink to the CPU, add more fans to custom spots (as there is no more fan spots), or would upgrading my case be worth the 100-150$?

So i was thinking of upgrading it in this order:

New case- something with more space and fan options
Then power and GFX.

The two cases i had in mind were- Rosewill
Or InWin Dragon Rider

Im still looking at power supplies and GFX cards, Im not sure if i want to buy the 560 non ti, or upgrade the CPU then get a better GFX card.

Well I am looking at this card- gtx 560 That is the non ti, so it would be usable with my current cpu correct?
With either Rosewill or Antec for it's power supply.

Would that work with my current specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom