New Hard Drive!

Seagate 7200RPM or Western Digital Black. Bout your only real options there.

Just as a heads up most all modern HDDs are about the same speed. If you demand high end speed for your whole PC then I suggest an SSD.

Combos are a waste as the "SSD" part is essentially just a cache.

What HDD do you have now? If you already have something 500GB or bigger you can drop some cash on a 128GB SSD and use the bigger drive for large programs and storage.

Is it clicking or not showing up in the bios? If not, it's probably still just fine. If you're dead set on getting a new drive then the answers above are the only 2 options really.

I ran tests on it and it failed. I had another thread which I figured out it was the HDD

i would use this opportunity, like PP said, to get a nice 128gig ssd. save up for a bit and buy your self an external Hard drive, later on.

i bought my Samsung 830 128gig SSD for $70, my 128gig, after installing windows 8, has 101gigs of space left, enough for 5 or 6 full fledged modern games at about 20 gigs each. there are tons of great deals like that out there, just gotta look for them. and you can get a 1tb external hard drive for under $100 all day long from any etailer.

i just built my new computer with my ssd and i kid you not, no exaggeration, my computer starts in 11 seconds, from the time i push the button on the case to i am in a booted usable OS, that means opening files and launching the internet. 11 seconds.

I have an external hhard drive (500 GB) and I was thinking 120 is too little because of the programs and stuff. I have 80 steam games.

Back
Top Bottom