New graphics card help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

David21

Baseband Member
:big_smile:Hello, my name is David, im a hard core gamer who is looking to buy a new graphics card for battle field 3. my system specs are

8gb ddr3
AMD/ quad core processer 3ghz
9800 gt geforce graphics card 512 mb
Gigabyte AM3 GA-880GMA-USB3 Motherboard

and i was wondering which graphics card would run battle field 3 better, a GALAXY 9800 gt geforce graphics card 512 mb ram ddr3. which i have in my computer now or a Gigabyte Nvidia 6770 graphics card.

here are the links to help me out,

9800 gt geforce graphics card spec
GALAXY GeForce 9800 GT Prices (graphics adapter, GF 9800 GT, 512 MB) - Graphics Cards - CNET Reviews

nvidia 6770
SAPPHIRE HD 6770 1GB REVIEW - Bjorn3D.com

also how big is the differnce between the graphics card. how many more fps would i be looking at.

cheers for your time David

or if you can find another graphics card which would be better than the 6770 for below 120 dollars.

The FPS depends on what your playing but the 550 Ti Fermi is a good card, it is better than mine.
On highest settings in recent games you can get about 50 FPS, I don't know what the specs for BF3, but I am guessing you can get 30 fps easy.
The recommended specs for BF3, when it comes to the GPU, is my card and the 550 Ti Fermi is better. So your good.
And you could probably run a side monitor with a browser while playing too.

with your system and this being a new game, i dont think that i would go with less than an ati 6850, which is $40 more than your budget/ what resolution are you playing at? theres no way to judge fps without knowing the graphics settings, especially for a game that hasnt been released, or even had system specs officially posted.

newegg.com is a usa site isnt it ? im from australia so i wont be able to use it. i play at 1920 by 1080 ill probably end up getting a graphics card like this MSY Online

Is it just me or does the link you put brings me to a search list?
Can you just write the model of the card you intend on buying?
And as long as the site you buy from is a company and not just some guy selling someone to you (ebay, amazon) it is ok to buy there.
You just have to be careful with ebay and amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom