New graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiahou

In Runtime
Hi,

I've completely lost all my knowledge on PCs.

Basically, my graphics card is messed up (Leadtek 6800GT PCIE). I can still use it for my PC, but what I can't do anymore, which is what I really enjoyed, is messing about on my PC freely with watching a film on my TV. For some reason now, the TV doesn't detect the graphics card. I have tried connecting the TV to the other connection that my PC uses, and yes, it works, meaning that the second connection is messed up.

So, I don't really game much anymore, at all. But what I do use my PC for is for graphics, 3D work - programs like Blender.

I am not looking for anything great, so therefore I only want to spend about 100USD (£50). However, I would like to do my 3D work and graphics easily without having to wait ages for a render.

If you could help, I'd appreciate a lot if you could list maby 3-5 graphics cards that would be good for what I do, or if there is 1 or 2 clear ones, then that would be great.

Appreciate help,
Thanks

OK I checked it, thanks for the reply.

Just wondering, what are the most important specs for doing 3D work? Like renders, etc.

Thanks

Appreciate any other suggestions also

well i don't know what the specs are, but the reason why the geforce 8500 works is because of its purevideo2 engine? maybe u should look for that in the guadro line or the jargon name for AMD/ATI FireGL, i think its VIVO??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom