New graphic card help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill run the 3DMARK05 when i get home. BUt would that really make a difference? I did show u the results the game gave. And I have the crack installed, i hate inserting the CD. When i have them all the way maxed up, i get laggs. Not during the beginning, even lik the 4-5level. It lags pretty bad. WHen i put all of them on medium, it will rarely lag. I have smoke on min, i put the settings u did, buy then i tried medium and it worked better. BUt im wondering why it wouldnt work maxed out. IT is a better gfx card. Will a diff PSU make any difference?

hey barbiedoll1973, what processor,PSU,GFX card do you have. It would be nice if you posted your results of the game. So then we can compare.

I also was wondering, could this be due to the brand of the gfx card(eVGA)??

I hope this problem will be solved, i know there is potential, but theres something wrong and I hope we can find out.

Alright, i downloaded the 3Dmark05 and realised the tests will take really long, i will do them tonight for sure, but before i do, what settings should i put them on before starting and approx how long does it take.
Thanks

Alright I've done the test and will post my results. The games i have probs with are:
Fear, COD2, NFS:MW, and this is when I put the settings you had. And the problem that occurs is that ther is periodic pausing. Im not sure how to post the results, but for start my score was 4433.

4433 is my score, so what was your score and what advice can i get?

Krazyq - did you run 3Dmark (05?) (not 06?)... and did you runn it at the programs Default settings (witch is 1024x resolution).

if you ran 05 with 3Dmarks Default settings, then yea someting is wrong.... i asked you to run 3Dmark, only cause its a different program then FEAR, so this way i can tell if its Just FEAR or your entire machine with a prob.

you should have roughly ~6000 3Dmark05 score, and FEAR shouldnt pause at all unless you reach a Save Checkpoint.

Only setting for me in FEAR witch causes Excesive Lag is (VolumetricLighting| witch i turned OFF)
(and 1600x Resolution in large areas)
also make shur you have Vsync disabled, for testing purposes.
-------------------------------------

your ingame pausing and lagg, sounds like you still may have a driver issue...

download http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php
CPU-Z and run it, and see if it tells you your motherboard/make and model/ ....that way you may beable to update the Motherboard Chipset driver manually from the Chipset Manufactuere website.
-----------------------------------

EDIT: o yea, EVGA brand is a good one... its possible the prob could be a defective Graphics card, or Powersupply. so this is what you wont to do:

rule out software/drivers first...
wait for your new Powersupply...
and then blame the GFX card only after you rulled out all the other components as above.

Hey, for the 3DMARK, i had done the default settings and i did 05. I will check on the motherboard thing and try updating. I'll try installing a different forceware, but i doubt it, i might just wait tomorrow for my PSU, and try the test again and then ill get back to you.

i went to the nVidia site, went to the Platform nforce drivers and updated mine. I retook the test and got a score of 5433. Which is better than the last one. But im stil waiting for my PSU, and ill do the test again.
For some reason, since yesterday, when i play a game, the fan sound gets amazingly loud. This didn't happen before, and i was wondering if there is a way to avoid that.

so, now that you know the board usess a nforce chipset...

...if you dont already know - the nforce chipset is bundled with a bunch of other nforce drivers. and In Short you should only install the (SMBus Driver)
if you install more then that, thy could cause issues or performance loss.

on the driver page is says, it contains:
* Audio Driver (v4.65) "WHQL" <---------- DO NOT INSTALL
* Audio Utility (v4.51) <-------------------DO NOT INSTALL
* Ethernet Driver (v50.25) "WHQL" <-------Only install if you need it
* Network Management Tools (v50.19) <---Do NOT INSTALL
* SMBus Driver (v4.57) "WHQL" <-----------Install (this is the chipset)
* Installer (v4.89)
* WinXP IDE SataRAID Driver (v6.66) "WHQL" <-Only Install ifyou use Raid(otherwise NO)
* WinXP IDE SataIDE Driver (v6.66) "WHQL"<-Only Install ifyou use Raid(otherwise NO)
* WinXP RAIDTOOL Application (v6.63) <-Only Install ifyou use Raid(otherwise NO)
[note - your computer is not using Raid, so DO NOT install those IDE drivers.]
-----------------------------------------------

If you installed all the default selected items... go to /control pannel/ADD Remove Programs -> click on (Nvidia Drivers) and Remove, it will open a prompt for you to select witch Nv drivers to remove.... Uninstall All of them excep the (SMBus).

Then, since the GFX card drivers obviously had issues with your Old Default CHipset Driver....

I suggest you.... Uninstall your GFX driver at the same time.. and then...

1st ) Install the latest Version of Directx (if its not already)

2nd) reinstall your Graphics driver... 84.xx forcware

Then run the program or Game, and see if your problems went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom