New graphic card help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the disabling integradted part.
There was an option for choosing PCI-e or onboard. Pci was selected. Then there was somthing else that was lik enable vga somthin. and there wwere 32 bit till 128 bit(selected) Is that what im suppose to disable.??

If your motherboard is PCI-E.... then that option that says 32 to 128mb, shouldnt affect anything once Onboard Video is Disabled.

...from the sound of it, it may already be, im not totally shur since i cant see your screen. but.

if it is, then the onboard adapter should not apear in the DeviceManager list in (/start/run "devmgmt.msc") and also in (/start/run "dxdiag") in the "memory line, it should display 1024mbs of ram.... if Onboard is still enabled it will display significantly less then 1024mbs ram.

Alright, I'll do check that once I get home. So onboard uses up my ram? So does this mean I'll be getting more ram, since I have a Dedicated card?? And last night, i deleted all my drivers, used driver cleaner pro? and installed the driver for my G.C again, and i used the deffauly forceware. Still there was lag. The default F.W was lik 84.XX, not 84.21, Well I'm thinkin of re formatting my pc, but if i do so, will it finally work properly?. Thats the only reason ill format, if it actually works!

yes you will be saving ram when you game but probably not in general use.
a reformat of windows could fix it, but its up to you as long as you have backed up and don't mind reformatting. If the problem still persists then could be a card issue, or your trying to play your games at incredibly high levels :).

The games i play at the level my card put it at, I lowered som of the graphics, but their was still a little lag. What card do u have, and what levels do u put it at? coulld this be my processor,? or is it that the card cant handle high graphics? because thats the reason i got this card, because of its ability. And is their a prog to monitor FPS, so I can show you guys what im getting?...if that matters.

your comp is better than mine both in processor and gfx, i play on medium with a 6800GT with no AA or anything at 1280x1024.

it could be the motherboard, but its so hard to pin point problems like this.

You have updated your chipset drivers? as in motherboard?

are you using a soundcard and updated its drivers too?

Where could i find my chipset specs, or drivers...i always have a hard time finding the specific drivers. I have the emachines t6420. And if you could find the new Mobo driver and sound card that would be really apprecaited. And for the sound card, its just the one i got with the pc.

krazyq -

Is there any gaurentee that a clean Reformat will fix your issue?(NO)... but is it a good possibility it will fix your issue(YES)... a clean Reformat can fix lots of problems at times depending on the machine.

you can Run any game at Max settings, since your monitor only goes up to ~1024x resolution.... (any game in general except "OBLIVION" or "BF2").

Also besides the updated drivers for your motherboard... you can try updating DirectX9 also if you havnt already. If none of them fix anything, then you can try re-fromating.

-----------------------------------------
Onboard Display adapters will use Your SYstem Ram.. so *IF the onboard Display is enabled, Windows will only recognize your (System Ram (-) Mem Used up by Onboard)

example = ( 1024mb Ram (-) 128mb Onboard Display (=) 896mbs of ram that will show in windows)

Disabling onboard will only bring your Usable ram back up to 1024mbs.

I get it, because it did show up as 896, so now i dont need that 128 ram, cos i have a better card right? And fir direct x. should i uninstall and reinstall all over, or where should i get the latest update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom