New graphic card help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
I just bought a new 7600GT and a 430 Watt power supply. I installed all drivers and everythin properly.
But for some reason in my display properties it shows, Geforce 7600gt Integrated ramdac 256.

And the other MAIN problem is that, som of the games keep lagging once in a while.
When i play COD2, it lags lik every min. Is their som tweak performance i shud do.
plz i really want this fixed
Thanks

wwell it was at the default at what my graphic card put it.
1048*760. 4x trilinear.
for half life, everythin was maxed out except for AS. 4x.AA4x

how do i find my mother board specs, and where can i find the site to update it.
I just installed the driver straight from the cd, and updated the force ware to 91.47

is it good to update, or stick with the old drivers...would you suggest i goto the one you have? I dont understand why they get new updates then. And about lowering settings...which one would you suggest more to lower?

Its not always good to go to the newest drivers to my knowledge, they could still have bugs and stuff like that, I just sticked with 84.21 and never have updated cause probably im just too lazy to do it, and 84.21 has worked fine the day ive gotten it. Try different drivers, then start lowering the settings.

look tward the bottom of this thread:
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125724

also waht is the specs of yoru PowersupplY? (the 12v amperage is more important then the wattage ratting). also witch brand is it.
----------------------------

though your porb sounds similar to software/driver issue. i had a similar issue as that one time.... A clean reformat of Windows is a shur fire way to fix any such issues.

... my 6800GS can run any game iv tried so far(HL2/Farcry/Doom3/FEAR) at 1200x1024 res /High settings/ 2xAA/ 16xAF (at least, and with steady smooth FPS/ average at least 50fps or higher).

though since i have a 19" crt, i run them at 1600x res, 0xAA, 16xAF. with still similar steady FPS.

the 7600GT is better, once you fix your problem, you should beable to run any such games near Max settings without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom