New gpu problem

I guess I will have to try a fresh install of windows, the only problem is I have nothing to backup my files on, so I will have to redownload everything. Also what ecactly is a recovery parttition?

Also what exactly is a recovery partition?
It's a factory image that HP puts on their OEM hard drives in case you ever want to re-image your machine. The difference between theirs and a normal image is that they put all the bloatware and HP programs (also the factory installed drivers) that came with the PC back on it. Basically, bringing it back to how it came out of the box again.

So you suggest I do that? There does seem to be a recovery partition. Should I select the option "return your computer to factory condition - This option will delete everything on your compuyer and replace it with a recovery image provided by your computer manufacturer."

I recommend doing it, but before you do take any files you want to keep like pics and mp3 files you may have on there and save them on a blank DVD or buy a thumb drive, there pretty cheap now and save all that there. Unfortunately you will have to reinstall games and anything else you may have on there, also make sure you have your new 660 installed so the PC sets everything up to run with each other, If you give it to someone to fix they may do that and charge you to do it.

Dauntae

Formatting will fix any software related issues with new hardware. If that does not work then you will need a new board. I haven't left you in the dark, just monitoring what's going on. If that does not work then yes you will need a new board. We'll leave suggestions until the time it may be necessary. I've replaced hardware in pre-builts before even with proprietary boards and other hardware without issue. A fresh format may just fix it.

That is fine, just going to go out and buy a flash drive and I will do the format. Thanks for the help everyone, HP is very annoying..

Alright, looks good. My current motherboard is 24.4 x 22.0cm but that one is 22.6 cm x 17.3 cm, Does that matter at all? Also the prices are a little bit higher on that site because they offer an extended warrenty on all their products, the lowest I can get it for is 65. But yes NZ prices are very high unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom