New GPU for Intel D865PERL system

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairfieldfalconsfan

In Runtime
The fan on our current GPU (Nvidia FX 5200 128 Mb) is not working/turning at all and I decided that I needed to do something about it before it completely burned out the card. I am pretty sure it has been this way for at least 6 months to a year. We aren't having any problems at the moment but I want to do something before we do.

This is a system from a local computer shop, and it isn't a brand name like Dell, HP, etc. MB is a Intel D865PERL, CPU is an Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.00 Ghz, 2.5 GB RAM, XP SP3. The PSU is a CasEdge F-300-A and I believe it is rated at 300 Watts.

If a new card would be too expensive then I may just get another one of these: Vantec IceberQ 4 like I did for my other PC when I ruined that fan. I haven't yet taken the card out and tried to clean the fan up to get it working but I may try that tomorrow.

I am pretty sure that the card is AGP but I am not completely sure about this. I think that 256 Mb would be plenty. If you think that 128 Mb would be better for this system that is fine too. I want to keep it under $50 (Lower is better).

Thanks for the reply Slaymate. I will probably get the 2nd one you suggested. It has 512 vs. 128 and is cheaper too. Even has a free 10 year warranty if you register it. Although this system will probably be just collecting dust in 10 years.

Is it a really big deal that it doesn't have a fan? Or could one be added to it if you wanted to? At this price I could buy a fan and put it on it if that would be a good idea.

EDIT: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Slaymate again."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom