New GFX Card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, no I don't think I'm gonna get the 8800GTS, that's a little too "top-of-the line" for me, I'm just looking for a card that will do me good, last me a year probably, and then i'll be upgrading my PC i'm sure.

Thanks, I'll keep looking, and will keep the x1950xt in mind =)

Any other suggestions, post please!

8800gt as i posted... it comes out in 6days.. its gonna be:

$200 for 256mb and $250 for 512mb. That's the word on the street. But not likely for the first month.

according to him.. but that seems accurate..

i also think he should get a new psu.
dell's psu's suckk big time.

i'm not familiar with their stuff, but all i know is that they suck... but check the dual 12v amperage... but he can't merely switch it out.... they use a proprietary ones don't they?

Will this x1950XT card be fully compatible with my PC?

Is there anything I need to check for, other than the interface?

sorry if i'm a pain, but what do I need to check on my PSU? And do I need to remove my case to do so, or can I just check it through dxdiag or something?

sorry if i'm a pain, but what do I need to check on my PSU? And do I need to remove my case to do so, or can I just check it through dxdiag or something?

Amperage on the 12V Rails... open your case and tell me the number for the rail (or rails) and check if it has a PCI-e connector for your video card....

what do you mean by proprietary?

its not exactly the ones we use.... in a typical build... b1gapl can explain better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom