New Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Astroman

Baseband Member
One of my friends wants to get rid of their old hard drive in their Dell and put it the new one she bought, and have all she had on the old one put on the new one. I told her it would be much more simple to just keep the old one with all the stuff inside and just have the new one alongside it to store data and have more space, but she doesn't want to. So my question is, can I mirror the old one onto the new one? Will it work? Or do I have to re-install Windows, programs and all of that and then transfer documents, pictures, movies, music etc. onto that? In that case, can I use the Recovery Disc given to me by Dell on the new drive to install Windows?

Thanks for reading and (hopefully) answering. BTW I need an answer ASAP so please please answer!

So it will work? I just need to mirror the old drive onto the new one and it will work? It will copy every program, document and Windows? I'll be able to just boot off the new mirrored drive and have the same thing as I did as when I was booting off the old one?

yes the computer will be exactly the same with more hd storage. Ghost works great I have used it several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom