New desktop build - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE
Default Re: New desktop build

The only other thing is, as the other guys said, it WOULD be a good idea to go with a more well known model of power supply. You know why I think that, so I'll leave the decision up to you.

Other than that, you're good to go!

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 12-02-2009, 08:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seg Fault'n
Default Re: New desktop build

Originally Posted by GoingNutZ View Post
ok a couple of things. first of all I dont know why you all are concentrating on a power supply that has done me real good for the 4-5 years I have had it just because it's not a "Name Brand" PSU.
Because the PSU is an important part of the system and yours is not recognised by us as being good.

just goes to show you all that its just as good if not better.
No it doesn't. There are people here with orders of magnitude more experience than you and they know what they know because of all the evidence they have seen. There are numerous reasons why your PSU could have survived for so long, including the possibility that it is actually a quality PSU but because it is effectively unbranded we can't know for sure.

Second of all I never said I was looking to buy new parts other than the CPU that was ordered and listed in my build list.
You didn't specify what you wanted beyond asked us what we thought. There was no indication that you wanted advice on the CPU.

There are in order of increasing severity: lies, darn lies, statistics, and computer benchmarks. - diskinfo man page
"Get your money and let's go to court!" - Craig Mudie, MS
Closed Thread