New desktop build

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoingNutZ

Baseband Member
Hello,

This is my first post here. Due to a mistake I made with my cpu I had I had to get a new one and I wanted to know what you all thought of my build.

My Build:

OS- Vista Ultimate 64bit

CPU- AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor, 125 watts

PSU- Black Demon Chrome ATX Switching PSU 580 watts

Video Card- XFX GeForce 9800 GT

RAM- Corsair 2GB x 2

Mobo- GIGABYTE MA780G-UD3H (yes it has AM3 Support)

Sound- On Board for now ( have a sound blaster audigy card, My warcraft sounds dont sound right with it

Cd-rom- Sony Dual Layer Combo Drive

Tower- Sunbeam Transformer

Fans:

3 80mm fans ( 2 silenx )
2 120mm fans (silenx)

i think thats everything, please let me know what you all think, Thank you so much!!

I think........

*PSU- Black Demon Chrome ATX Switching PSU 580 watts

???????????
black demon? why not get a well known, reliable brand like seasonic or corsair?

*Mobo- GIGABYTE MA780G-UD3H (yes it has AM3 Support)

might as well spring for a DDR3 mobo, since ddr2 and ddr3 price gap isn't that big

*Video Card- XFX GeForce 9800 GT

this card is like 3 (soon to be 4) generations behind current
might want to take a look at other cards

I think........

*PSU- Black Demon Chrome ATX Switching PSU 580 watts

???????????
black demon? why not get a well known, reliable brand like seasonic or corsair?

*Mobo- GIGABYTE MA780G-UD3H (yes it has AM3 Support)

might as well spring for a DDR3 mobo, since ddr2 and ddr3 price gap isn't that big

*Video Card- XFX GeForce 9800 GT

this card is like 3 (soon to be 4) generations behind current
might want to take a look at other cards

ok I guess I forgit to mention im not a serious gamer, so I dont need top of the line video, top of the line anything really. All I do is play tomb raider and world of warcraft. my board and video card are maybe 3 months old,why spend more money if my board already supports am3 socket??? the cpu works with ddr2. no one can keep up with computer technology to be honest.

^ We can/do.

If anything, you seriously should consider getting a better power supply like fat.clown suggested, as it is the heart beat of your computer.

Look at the power supply guide linked in my signature for acceptable brands.

ok a couple of things. first of all I dont know why you all are concentrating on a power supply that has done me real good for the 4-5 years I have had it just because it's not a "Name Brand" PSU. just goes to show you all that its just as good if not better. Second of all I never said I was looking to buy new parts other than the CPU that was ordered and listed in my build list. For the rest of the list for my build they are no more than 3 1/2 months old at most all bought brand new. now tell me every time a manufacturerer comes out with something new you gonna rush out and buy it? I dont think so. Im not a serious gamer i only play world of warcraft, tomb raide and combat flight sim, and a few others, even some older games. so once again I do not want top of the line or the best of the best, I want a nice running system.

Generally it isn't a good idea to get a generic computer part. The reason being they often aren't tested as extensively, and/or are manufactured with lower quality parts. Not always, but a lot of the time that's true.

Anyway, as far as your system goes:
everything you listed in your first post will suit you just fine for your needs. Hence why I only asked one question ;)
You don't need 5 fans btw, seeing as you haven't bought a third park CPU cooler you won't be overclocking too high. Just two standard 80mm fans as intake and outtake will do you fine, the others will just add to the noise of your system.

Generally it isn't a good idea to get a generic computer part. The reason being they often aren't tested as extensively, and/or are manufactured with lower quality parts. Not always, but a lot of the time that's true.

Anyway, as far as your system goes:
everything you listed in your first post will suit you just fine for your needs. Hence why I only asked one question ;)
You don't need 5 fans btw, seeing as you haven't bought a third park CPU cooler you won't be overclocking too high. Just two standard 80mm fans as intake and outtake will do you fine, the others will just add to the noise of your system.

The case I bought came with stock fans, I believe in keeping my system as cool as I can. i just dont like stock fans cuz they are noisy. besides a cooler system is better than a hot one don't you think? Lol. I had a heat problem with my old case. and thank you :) btw I have no intention of overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom