New Computer- What now?

Hayden13

Baseband Member
Just got a new computer and I love it, it's pretty slow as of right now but I think that that is because of the low RAM it has. Here are the specs:
It's a Gen 4 Dell XPS
3.20GHz Intel Pentium 4
2 Gb RAM
64 Bit Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate
Radeon X1600 Graphics Card

My question is what should I buy to upgrade this?
RAM, New Graphics card etc.?
Also, I looked it up and the minimum RAM for 64 Bit Windows 7 is 2 Gb.

P.S. this computer is almost primarily for gaming, I got it because of GTA 5 and Modding

Just realised that I made a huge mistake, the cpu is only a single core. Is there anyway that I can replace the processor without replacing the motherboard?

Yeah, a P4 still has some use, but upper-level gaming is going to need more than one core. But, you get what you pay for. I would throw in a more modern graphics card, no less than a 5-series Radeon. In addition to that, another 2GB of RAM at minimal. There was never, ever a per-say "dual core" Pentium 4. The closest they made was a Pentium 4 HT, which on the surface can be seen as a dual core CPU but in actuality is just a single core CPU with enhanced pipelining. Most people never really notice a difference with HT turned on/off. Note: Your CPU probably supports HT, but is likely turned off in the BIOS, sometimes they were by default.

He already said he returned that computer because it only had a single-core P4... Try reading all of the posts next time, and look at the last post date so you stop dragging up old topics ;).

Back
Top Bottom