New Computer System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tisoraku

In Runtime
Thanks for all the advice and suggestions on building a new system, my budget increased quite a bit, from wanting a simple system under $100 to what I have now. It is working great and much better then some old computer would could die any minute.
This monitor is much better then trying to use the standard television.

Would a better graphic card improve overall image quality or is it best for games and other programs?

This is the only upgrade I may need at some point in time.

How long would anyone here say this system could hold out before upgrading?

I have another 1GB of PC6400 ram I have yet to install.
And from everything I have read here, there is no point in upgrading that old compaq 5000 T computer as not much can be done with it, best to save up and built another system.

System -

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADO3600DDBOX
BIOSTAR TForce TF7025-M2 Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7025 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
SAMSUNG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe and Software Black IDE Model SH-S182M/BEBM - OEM
Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory Model
FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX400-PN, RoHS, 12cm FAN, version 2.2, 2 SATA, 20+ 4 pin, PCI Express, 400W Power Supply
SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
Acer - 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Well that system can hold you for a while, if you don't plan on doing gaming really. A better graphic card will improve the image a little, but it's mostly to improve the gaming performance.

That is what I thought regarding the graphics card, I may do a little gaming later on, at that time I will see how well the current graphic card holds up to games.

you mean graphics chip, the onboard video on your mobo right?
i dont think it will be able to get very good framerates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom