New Computer Soon or Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaMachine

Solid State Member
Hey all i just want to go through this one little thing all i want you to tell me is,
  1. What would you do in my situation?
  2. Is it really worth it ?
  3. What do you think about the machine ?
  4. Can you build this machine with the same performance but at a lower price ?
  5. What would you change to this machine if you were in my place ?
  6. Give me your decisions ?
  7. Rate the machine from 1 to 10 if you like it or not.
  8. And is it true that the 2TB HDD are unstable ? (Some one told me they are not unstable because of Raid's and are the latest Hard Drives)
Machine Specification.
-pc-case-style-darkfleet-df-30-force-pc-case-style--%5B1%5D-54347-p%5Bekm%5D80x80%5Bekm%5D.jpg

Intel i7 Extreme++ - 1366 Series *New Model November 2011 - DarkFleet DF-30 Force

Processor CPU: Intel i7 970 3.20 6 Cores
CPU Cooling: Antec Liquid ICE Super Cooling
Memory: 24GB Viper 1600Mhz Extreme
Motherboard: Asus Rampage III Black Edition
Sound Card: Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe PCI-e
Hard Disk 1: 2 Terabyte 3.5" HDD
Hard Disk 2: 2 Terabyte 3.5" HDD
Optical Drive 1: Sony 12X BluRay Writer
Optical Drive 2: Sony 12x BluRay Writer
Video Card 1 Main: Nvidia GeForce 3GB GTX590
Video Card 2: Nvidia GeForce 3GB GTX590
TV Card: Hybrid Analogue/Digital PCI-e
Wireless: Asus 300 MBPS PCI-e Internal Wifi
Power Supply: Antec Gamer Pro 1200 Watt
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
Office Software: Open Office Suite PreInstalled
AntiVirus Software: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition
Keyboard & Mouse: MS Wireless Keyboard & Mouse
Monitor Display: 25.5" Widescreen with HDMI
Warranty Period: 2 Year Collect & Return

Sub Total: €5,126.67

Delivery: €0.00

Vat @ 20%: €1,025.33

Total: €6,152.00

Also thanks for taking your time and patience for reading my post and for your decisions made. Have a nice day.:big_smile:

i cant think of any reason to spend that much on a computer with those components. if you want to play and max the graphics on the latest and greatest games, you can still do that for much less than half that price.
so to answer:
not buy this
no
way too much 'stuff'
definitely build yourself for less money
i would get something that cost half that much if i had that much money to spend.

2 Tb hard drives are probably better suited to 'green' hard drives for file storage, not for running programs.

For a build like that, why not just go the rest of the way to the 990x? And why isn't this in the High Performance section? :p I mean, if this is a general, low end computer, I need to upgrade the living room desktop.

5000 euroes! what the deuce!
6k w/ VAT.
Thats what I was thinking, till I saw 2x GTX590s, 2x Blu-Ray writers, 25.5" monitor, 24GB of RAM, etc...

7) I'd give the machine an 11 for "stuff" (see above), but a 4 for realistic need.
1x GTX590, 1x Blu-Ray writer, 8-12GB of RAM, that is more than enough to get what you need done.

1. You never explained your situation. If you are choosing to buy this comp over eating for the next few months, then no, it's not worth it. :p
2. Not at all.
3.I think it's too much to spend on a computer.
4.I believe so, if I get the time later today, I will see. Unless someone beats me to the chase.
5.Depends on your situation.
6.Don't buy; build.
7.1, I don't like it at all. It reminds me of a computer that a sales person convinced someone to buy.
8.Some of the larger ones become unreadable I believe. It depents which motherboard you use.

I would not recommend spending that much on a computer or for those parts. One problem, you are buying mostly high quality parts, and you are using hard drives? I say SSD in that thing or nothing. Maybe a hard drive for storage. Also, unless you are doing advanced graphic rendering and highly CPU intensive programs, that computer is overbuilt imo.

What do you need a computer to do?
What are your expectations?
What programs will you be using this computer for?

I agree with others that this is overkill and too costly. Do you really want/need a TV card, 2 video cards, 2 BluRay drives, 24G of RAM and 2TB of storage? Much of this could be pared to bring the cost down with little difference in performance. The liquid cooling is also probably overkill unless the machine is or will be OC'd.

What do you need a computer to do?
What are your expectations?
What programs will you be using this computer for?

Well not really highly anything but just i want a pc that will keep me a lot for 10 years or more i just want a pc that i will not have to change again and again over or have to buy a new pc again u know what i mean. And also guys if you think this pc is not worth it can you guys give me some idea's post your pc builds and ill see if i like it and i might try and build it :big_smile:

Even if you spend €10,000 on a PC today, it'll still be beat by an €800 PC that you can buy in three or four years time. That's how technology works.

And no, it's definitely not worth it. Just get:
- i7 2600K
- 8GB RAM @ 1600MHz
- A decent motherboard (I can definitely recommend mine)
- Case with great cooling
- A GTX590 or two

That'll run all future games at maximum settings for the next year, probably two.

Well not really highly anything but just i want a pc that will keep me a lot for 10 years or more i just want a pc that i will not have to change again and again over or have to buy a new pc again u know what i mean. And also guys if you think this pc is not worth it can you guys give me some idea's post your pc builds and ill see if i like it and i might try and build it :big_smile:
What do you plan on using this computer for?
As Yami said, your computer will not last 10 years. If it does, it will not be enjoyable to use due to it's relative slowness in 10years time.
What country are you in?
This will help in picking a build with a website compatible with your location.
For the time being, I will post a build from Computer Hardware - Scan.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom