New Computer Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, those fans do look good. Thanks for looking, I didn't want to pick ones that were no good or wouldn't fit. If im correct, I will need 4 or 6 for the case im getting?

As for the LCD, a 20 to 24' widescreen would work I guess. Suggestions?

Apon further looking those actually look like 4x120mm fans on the side which would mean you would be paying about double for good fans...I mean I have some cheap blue apevias that are 29dba and cool well.

29dba isn't exactly quiet but it doesnt sound like a jet engine either.

There are these...

Newegg.com - AeroCool SilverLightning120mm 120mm White LED Case Fan - Retail

As for a monitor I like the Acer 22inch Office line for about 260 I believe.

Do you know of an equal or close case to the one I have chosen that will provide very good air circulation and an open side (so you can see inside). I just want to look at it and decide between the 2.

Thanks for the new fan suggestions. If I do decide to go with a closed case, do they come without LEDs? I want the best fans, but ones that are not too loud. Don't worry about prices.

Is it only cpu's being cut on the 22nd?

Thanks for the information. Just going to look at cases a little more. Decide on case fans after I choose one and wait until after the 22nd to start buying with newegg.

Could I get a few more suggestions on cases. Some that will cool more than enough with all the parts that I will have. Also, some with and without a clear side panel. I have looked, but can't decide, would like some good suggestions from you.

Thanks.

That is the 975 chipset version.

It offers a few features but all in all the 965 chipsets are better overclockers as they reach high FSB

Alot of people that bought a 975 find themselves downgrading back to a 965

The P5B-E is an awesome board and can do a lot of things for the price.

Thank you. That just leaves the case, then the best fans for it.

I have looked at this one, what do you think? I've read the top fan can get in the way, but thats no big deal to me, you? Newegg.com - NZXT Zero Black/Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail ...looks deep enough to hold the cpu cooler on top of the cpu and everything else will fit and work, unless I missed a problem.

I think I have it between the one above and this one... Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Your thoughts? Also, im not sure if you posted the cheapest case fans above or not. Could you post again which you would suggest. Thanks.

It's a good case. Personally, in the $100-150 range of full tower cases, I prefer the 3D Aurora Original or 570 but it doesn't have as many fans. The 4 fan side panel really isn't needed though so the Aurora would do fine cooling it. There are window and no window versions available too. Whatever floats your boat :p but either case is very nice.

The Stacker is an amazing case but if you want to save some money, it's not worth the extra $100+. It does give you some major bragging rights though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom