New Computer Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its only 300 AR, not too bad. The only things that need to get cheaper, to bring my total down is the os, vid card and monitor. But 300 for that monitor is worth it.

Sorry about last post, old question. But here is one for you...

What is the advantage of having 2 video cards over 1?

If I choose to go with 2 video cards, instead of this MB...

Newegg.com - ASUS P5B-E LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Should I get this one, since it has 2 16x pci slots (would you recommend it as much as the above MB?)...

Newegg.com - ASUS P5B Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Also, would I need a CORSAIR 620w instead of a CORSAIR 520w power supply for 2 video cards?

Ok well the P5B Deluxe only supports Crossfire...not SLI. Second, SLI or crossfire really isn't worth it anyway. It depends on what cards you were using if you wanted to calculate watts. The 620HX can handle most but either way I would just get the HX520 as SLI isn't worth it.

The P5B-E is plenty good enough.

Thanks for the info on that.

Well, just as I was getting ready to buy the video card, they no longer carry it. (EVGA 640-P2-N827-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 KO HDCP (Item #: N82E16814130081))

So... how is this for the next best thing...

Newegg.com - EVGA 640-P2-N825-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SUPERCLOCKED HDCP Video Card - Retail

OR

Newegg.com - EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

How do they compare with the one I was going to get? They cost about $60 to $100 less than the one I was going to get, so what is the difference?

If not good, suggestions? Remember, I want to max out all newer recent games, you know the deal. :)

Just get the bottom one. They should be all the same. I can't see how a GTS 640 was going to be like 500 but just get the cheapest one and you can overclock it yourself beyond what the factory does and safely at that.

I would like to ask 1 more time on monitors, that are 22' widescreen and under 5ms. I have looked at all the suggestions, have read up on them and can't decide. Some have cheap parts, backlight leakage, bad pixles, ports/connections stop working, etc...

I just can't decide, any suggestions? Im not too sure of a good brand.

Also, the bottom video card can be OC'ed enough to match the superclocked one?

The e6600 dropped to $235. :) Do you think this is as low as it will get?

I haven't seen anyone recommend a larger than 22 in. monitor.

I just got this Dell and I love it. I went from a Samsung 931BF.
I play Oblivion at 1920 x 1200 with settings on max but no AA and it is great. Don't know my FPS but unless I'm taking on more than 5 guys at one time I don't get any stutters.

BTW, I get 7985 on 3dMark 06.
CPU at 2940 and GPU at 575/1502.

If you've got the bux, you should go to a computer store and look at 24 in. compared to 22 in.

Hello, if anyone is still around. I've decided I will want to go with another case. Could you suggest a good one that has at least two fans on the back, at least one on the front and at least one on the side down near where the video card would be and no fan on top of the case.

Please suggest the best of the best in the price range of $100 - $200.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom