NEW COMPUTER problem plz helppp

Status
Not open for further replies.

edbtzy

Baseband Member
Guys, i reallllly need your help!!!!

I just installed everything in my new computer and everything starts up fine...but the thing is, i don't get any video from the monitors...its just black...the gpu is in firmly so i don't know what else could be the problem...

i have a asus p5q mobo
nvidia quadro fx1700

does anyone know what i can do to fix this problem??? please answer ASAPP thank you

i cant re-install...its a fresh boot...i just inserted all the hardware and turned it on and i got no picture and i don't know whyy

i cant re-install...its a fresh boot...i just inserted all the hardware and turned it on and i got no picture and i don't know whyy

Does your mother board come with on board graphics? If so then take out the graphics card and try again with the on board graphics this time.

im going to try putting the gpu on my other pci slot...trial and error
ill get back to you guys tomorrow

Read some of the threads I had. I had the exact same problem, test RAM, Different Video cards, different power supply, reseated everything...

The mobo was DOA.

I'm not sure if this is the way with the nvidia quadro fx1700, But I put together a system for a friend with a older version of workstation card(for running autocad and solidworks) and the monitor would only work on one of the video outputs, If I put the monitor on the wrong one, I only got a black screen. Try it on the other output and see if it works. Some of the workstation cards have one set as main screen and secondary. and if there is no main screen the secondary doesn't work.

Dauntae

ok well i got the display up and the computer running but then it shut off and said cpu temp was too high...so im guessing the heatsink isnt on properly or there was a small amount of thermal paste...so im heading to the store tomorrow to reapply the thermal paste and make sure the heatsink is on tight...keeping my fingers crossed so i can run this thing already!!!

Make sure EVERY plug is securely in. In know it sounds basic but its so easy to miss something. If the cpu fan isnt plugged in properly, or the motherboard is not being supplied with enough power etc. it could cause that problem.

That cpu temp warning is pretty serious - try posting a couple of pics on here so we can make sure u have installed it correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom