New Computer + New Video Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for searching all this up. Like I posted before you posted this: this is a whole PC set right? Is it gonna be good for gaming or no?

define: "whole PC set" please?
what I listed was just the tower, does not include monitor, 3D glasses, keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, speakers, wireless card (required for wifi), and card reader.

the term "good" is relative. it may be good for you, may not be good for others.
but I can tell you a HD 5770 video card will run combat arms maxed out.

Buying a PC might end up being cheaper for things like business computers. Mass produced, low end, not good for playing games at all.

Though one for gaming? Building it will save you more by far. In fact, I think I saw a combo that would get you a mid-end gaming PC if you got a different graphics card with it, too, and it was only about ~$300 all together for the tower. Though I don't really suggest the PSU that comes with it, looks iffy, if not just plain bad, and the HDD was extremely small capacity wise (160GB).

But if you built one with that card and all (what I think is) reliable parts (and plenty of hard drive space), it would cost about $450, and it would be able to run Crysis on high pretty well at 1680x1050. Then there's another $100 for Windows 7, and then you could re-use your current monitor, speaker, keyboard, mouse, etc., unless you're using a laptop right now...

I do not suggest going with a bad PSU. I've had a PSU go out on me before. I never plan on buying from Dell again. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom