new computer guy building a bunch of machines and running into trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

New-computer-geeK

Beta member
hi ive just broken into this computer building thing by a craiglslist trade that i got a bunch a stuff in
im having a bit of trouble understanding how to get a few of these machine up and running, and understanding value. they are primarily pentiumIII units with like 3 amd athlong socket 462 boards. i also have a sweet amd 462 baord from dc chips. any advice is more then welcome

I hope you got a killer deal on all of that. While those machines would work for basic word processing and light web surfing, they won't do much else. At least, not using today's programs.

I doubt you can post up a full list of what you've got, but what problems are you having with them?

i dident say i have a pentiumIII on a athlon board, the pIII are seperate from my amd boards...and i have aprox 10 regular pentiumIII towers that some actually run xp quite nicely on. i have a dc chips board M825G and a biostar board that has a pIII on it plus a decent vid card. along with a ton of PII boards and a amd duron setup pc. bunch a cases. main problem is getting the hard drives to load the opsys. some of them the bios is screwed. most ihave functioning on xp right now, the pIII run it surprisingly well. how do you overclock a locked board?

If they are prebuilt and the board is locked the only thing you can try is putting a new BIOS on it. Are all of them running or attempting to run XP?

Its pc chips, and you cant overclock those chips.

Not to mention they really wont oc much at all, these chips are several generations old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom