New Computer Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) I do not see a psu on the list. Would recommend corsair 850tx.

2) missed link on cpu heatsink. It is just a link to the i7. I would recommend this Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks with needed mounting bracket. Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-LGA1366 LGA 1366 Core I7 Retention Bracket - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

3) I would much rather see a single gtx285 versus 2 gts250's.
I know that sli 250's are benching a little higher than a single 285 for less cost. But, to not have to rely on sli and the ability to bring a second 285 in later is worth it to me.
Here is one that in $30 more than your sli setup. Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1281-AR GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Again personal preference. If you want the sli 250's then go for it.

4) I cannot really see the need to run 12gb of ram at this point in time. If you need 12gb later ddr3 memory will be much cheaper.

5) OS Vista Home Premium 64bit.

Sorry I Though I added it:

PSU: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX 520W ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Its the one trotter Recommended, and i guess sense everyone recommends that fan ill get it too.

The Core Contact is a great heatsink.

Go with 64-bit Vista Home Premium.

The 850 is the same size as the 520. You will need more power than the 520 if you are going to run two cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom