New Computer!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigzbling

Solid State Member
hey guyz, i recently started shopping for parts for a new pc.

So far, this is what i got for the core:

-Amd Athlon 3800+ 512kb cache Newcastle
-Asus A8N-SLI deluxe mobo
-Ati radeon x800 pci-e 256 mb
-1 gig OCZ premier ddr ram, cl 2.5

What do you guyz think? Should the games run smoothly with this build? Thanks!

They'll run, but why buy a SLI board and an ATI card? ATI's do not run in SLI, so you'd be stuck with one card, period.

If you go with nVidia, you can always get a second identical card later and SLI them together.

didnt know until now.. oh well

i can't buy 2 cards right now anywyas, il prolly sell my ati x800 when the time comes, thanks for telling me though :)

What games are you going to be running? Also, try to get a Venice or San Diego core processor. If you're going to be playing like BF2 and such, I recommend getting either a 6600GT or a 6800GT/Ultra. I would also recommend getting a DFI board if you're going to go with Nvidia. They are one of the best boards for AMD and Nvidia.

De nada.

ATI is supposedly coming out with Crassfire, which is their verison. Thus far, it has all been a bunch of vaporware...

im more of an nba live fan, so i'll be running that alot, as well as CS. Never played doom before, but i might try it along with Half life, but im more on the EA SPorts side. It should run well right?

by the way, i bought a rhycon ATX 550 watt power supply, do you guyz think its enough? I bought a pci-e adapter wire to plug my card, but im still not sure if 550 watt's enough, thanks!

go for a 3700+ san diego, and an ATI card if your going to be playing HL2, dont get an ASUS board, just get a DFI nF4 ultra-D or some other board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom