New Computer - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2008, 03:59 PM   #31 (permalink)
AKA , gt7sanremo
Default Re: New Computer

4Gb of ram is plenty. 8Gb of ram is pretty much pointless for the average gamer. It only comes in use if you're into major video/photo editing.

Random movie quote to make you seem hip and "with it":
"Please take the chairs away. I don't like them. The big one is staring at me and that short one is being very droll."
Old 11-01-2008, 12:37 PM   #32 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: New Computer

Originally Posted by rufio29 View Post
I did get the arctic freezer and i got the paste just to be safe, good thing.

Another question, could i get two sets of these just to have more RAM, or does it not work like that. - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Thanks for everything,, you guys really made picking these parts out a lot easier than i thought it would be.
4GB Ram will be fine.
Don't be nervous about assembling your comp either, trust me you'll find it to be quite simple and if you come unstuck Tech Forums is always here to help:laughing:

Closed Thread

Posting Rules