New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_sharks86

Baseband Member
I will most likely be buying this computer in the near future (possibly Christmas or somewhere around there). I am curious to see if there are any issues in regards to the compatibility of this setup and to see if you guys think there is anything I should change. Also, I will be building this via CyberPower, Inc - building the best Gaming PC is not only our profession, it is our obsession. and will be adding in my own parts, such as video card, sound card, some case fans, network card, etc.

CASE:Newegg.com - SIGMA ORCA Black Aluminum / ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 400W Power Supply - Retail
PSU:Newegg.com - ENERMAX FMA II EG565P-VE ATX12V 535W Power Supply 115/230 V - Retail
Processor:Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
Motherboard:Newegg.com - EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
RAM:Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail (will be either corsair xms or valueram)
Video Card:Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGR7950256GTOCE GeForce 7950GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail (more or less the same card, mine is by EVGA)
HDD: 250gb (might put in my 160gb hdd as well)

Thanks for all input in advance.

Because I am building it through cyberpowerinc.com, and they don't have the Asus P5K Deluxe as an option. However, they do have the Asus P5N-E and the P5N32-E. Also, my friend was telling me EVGA makes better mobos.

Um, lack of knowledge/experience and I find cyberpower more convenient. Anyways, my main concerns for this computer are power and heat. I want to know if this computer will withstand a load of CS:S and Call of Duty 4. Possibly down the road I might update the gfx card. So I would want to know if this computer would handle Crysis with an updated card. So if you guys can give me some feedback concerning power and heat I would appreciate it.

That's a mid-high end computer. Building it yourself would be rather cheaper then having CyberpowerPC assemble it for you. Well back to your question.

Power and Heat; for Power, I wouldn't want to get that PSU you've listed up there. How many more options for PSU do they have? And can you list all of it? Heat; intake fans, do a dust maintenance once a month. For the Q6600 you'll be needing an aftermarket cooler. A Tuniq Tower 120 would do a great job for the Q6600 if you're planning on doing some overclocking.

What would you suggest as far as Watts go? 600? And yes, I will be getting an after market cooler for the quad core, I just didn't list it.

Watts isn't really what you should only look at. You need to look at the +12V rails. A Corsair 520HX/620HX or Xclio Greatpower 550W would do fine for your build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom