New built PC issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin_SA

Beta member
Hey everybody first time here just having some major issues with this new PC i've built and would REALLY appreciate any help or comments as I've had a lot of grief from this rig

Heres the hardware:
-CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 840 "95W Edition" 3.20GHz
-Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2 (Socket AM3) DDR3 Motherboard
-RAM: 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel
-Graphics card: Gigabyte GeForce GT 430 OC "Dual Fan" 1024MB GDDR3
- 500GB HDD
- 650W PSU

Okay so heres the problem:
I had originally installed Windows XP and other programs and games onto the hard drive before on another PC before putting the hard drive into the new PC. Whenever I turned the PC on it bluescreened after trying to load windows. I assumed it was because the drivers for the newer motherboard haven't been installed so I tried safe mode, but then the CD Rom wasn't being detected what-so-ever. Eventually I ran out of time and had to activate windows, but i couldn't because it has to be done out of safe mode, and everytime I was out of safe mode it blue screened.

SO.. I tried putting the harddrive back into another PC and deleting the partition and all files to start fresh. Put it back into the new PC, boot from disk... doesn't detect windows XP disk. This is where I'm stuck and have been stuck for a while

any advice? Would be much appreciated

P.S Posted this in another section but realised it isn't really high performance related, so I posted it here, sorry if it comes across as a form of spam.

Thanks in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom